Whether you’re hosting a gala, 5k run/walk, convention, or other event, you can find an event fundraising software that meets your needs. Event management tools have evolved to offer a spectrum of solutions tailored to specific needs.
In this article, we’ll explore 11 event software platforms that offer unique features and can support a range of events.
11 Best Event Fundraising Platforms
- Zeffy - Best all-in-one free event fundraising software for nonprofits
- Eventbrite - Best platform for marketing fundraising events
- Donorbox - Best platform to collect non-cash payments at events
- Classy - Best for nonprofit virtual events
- Ticketstripe - Best for larger events with various ticket types
- Qgiv - Best to create compelling event pages
- DonorPerfect - Best for donor data and record management
- Givebutter - Best platform to manage small in-person and hybrid events
- OneCause - Best for gala fundraisers
- Silent Auction Pro - Best for silent and live auctions
- Accelevents - Best for large in-person and virtual conferences
What is Nonprofit Event Software?
Nonprofit event software are specialized tools to help with the event planning process. Some fundraising event software offer all-in-one event management tools. Others focus on event registration, marketing, records management, and auctions.
Key Features to Consider When Choosing Event Fundraising Software
When choosing the best fundraising event software for your organization, it's essential to determine your needs and budget. While some services provide all-in-one tools, some may be out of your nonprofit's budget or need to offer more features to meet your needs.
Check out the following list of features to help decide which are crucial for your nonprofit's needs.
- Registration and Ticket Sales
- Online Donation Collection
- Peer-to-Peer Fundraising
- Raffle Ticket Sales
- Volunteer Management
- Marketing and Promotion
- Data Management and Analytics
Best Free Fundraising Event Software for Nonprofits
Nonprofits using Zeffy for their events can use several features to ensure a successful fundraiser. Sell event and raffle tickets to individuals or groups, track sales on your dashboard, and keep event-day registration simple with QR codes or Tap to Pay. Organizations can also watch their event revenue increase as more supporters raise funds online with peer-to-peer campaign pages.
Zeffy is the only 100% free event fundraising software available, so you keep every penny you bring in at your fundraising event!
- Online + In-person registration
- 100% free model when other platforms charge 5% transaction fees on average + platform fees
- Automatic tax receipts for event and raffle ticket sales
- Unlimited and free support
- Tap to Pay app for in-person sales on the day of the event
- Sell individual and group tickets
- Multi-date ticket forms
- Automatically tag all event attendees in your donor database, making it easier to send invites next year
- Peer-to-peer fundraising makes it easier for event attendees to collect pledges
- Sell customized raffle tickets online or in person with QR codes that make them easy to track
- 5Ks and Walk-a-thons
- Family Festivals
- School Fundraisers
100% free (no signup, monthly, platform, or processing fees)
"We are a raving fan of Zeffy. We can't say enough good things about the ease of implementation, and from the customer standpoint, your transaction is complete and processed within minutes. The new app feature that allows you to scan credit cards on the spot was a huge help during our recent fundraiser."
- Amy W.
Best Event Platform for Marketing Fundraising Events
Eventbrite is a popular event management software for nonprofit and for-profit businesses. The primary benefit of this event planning tool is the effect it can have on marketing efforts. Eventbrite's vast outreach allows organizations to market and sell tickets to audiences interested in specific event activities.
- Market on social media with Eventbrite's Smart Audience tool that targets new individuals who may be interested in your type of event
- Email marketing tools that can send 250 to 10,000 emails per day
- Audience reports with detailed information about ticket buyers
Eventbrite creates automatic customer lists that can complicate things and result in more than one invite for guests.
Concerts and other Large Events
Publish an event with up to 25 tickets for free. Larger events start at $9.99 per event. Attendees pay 3.7% + $1.79 service fee per ticket + 2.9% payment processing fee per transaction.
"I like that Eventbrite allows me to follow the organizations I am interested in their events so I can receive notifications when they have new events. Eventbrite streams the videos in very high quality and allows real-time chatting during the event. Also, I like the advanced search at Eventbrite, which allows me to find events in my area of interest, like technology."
- Moustafa A. (event attendee)
Best Platform for Collecting Non-Cash Payments at Events
Donorbox is best known for its recurring donation feature and the fact that nonprofits worldwide can use its services. Fairly recently, Donorbox added event management tools to its list of features and has opened up another way for its users to raise money online. As a nonprofit event software, Donorbox excels because of the many options users have to collect non-cash donations regardless of the location.
- Customizable event ticketing form you can embed into your website
- Features like QR codes, QuickDonate™, and Donorbox's Live™ Kiosk help attendees check in quickly and give without needing cash
- Nonprofits can sell tickets worldwide (accepts 43 different currencies)
You must pay additional fees to add more than a few team members.
Church and small nonprofit fundraising events and activities
2.95% Platform fee + 2.9% + $0.30 processing fee (donors can cover fees)
"Over eight years, Donorbox has consistently provided a user-friendly interface that simplifies the donation process. Its adaptability to our fundraising needs, especially during events like Giving Tuesday and our annual gala, has been a significant advantage. The responsive customer service and the team’s openness to feedback have been beneficial."
- Joel R.
Best Platform for Nonprofit Virtual Events
Classy has undergone some changes since being acquired by GoFundMe. Its primary market is now peer-to-peer fundraising, and its event management solutions apply best there. With that in mind, if you're hosting a virtual fundraising event, Classy has many features that can help you collect online donations.
- Create unique ticket types for VIP attendees with discount codes
- Live stream, chat, polls, and breakout rooms
- Online auction and mobile bidding
- Live leaderboards to share campaign progress and donation activity during virtual events
It can be pricey for the features offered.
Virtual and hybrid events
Classy does not list prices on their website. Classy Live's virtual event package is an additional cost and can be added to any package.
"Classy is a one-stop shop for our mid-size, national nonprofit organization. We use Classy for our main donation page, for peer-to-peer fundraising, and their new Classy Live product for our live events. They are always available to help and provide truly excellent customer service."
- Elise R.
Best Platform for Complicated Events With Various Ticket Types
Ticketstripe has a simple three-step process for nonprofits to follow when selling event tickets online. The event registration software stands out for its many custom event registration options. If you're looking for a tool to use worldwide with more options for online registration, Ticketstripe may work best.
- Private and hidden tickets to offer unique VIP features and discounts to targeted individuals
- Pay-what-you-wish tickets allow attendees to pay any amount for admission
- Accepts 135+ currencies
- Buy Now, Pay Later option allows attendees to pay over time while you get paid immediately with Klarna or PayPal.
No peer-to-peer fundraising options
More complicated events with various ticket types
1.50% + $0.50 for nonprofits + credit card processing fees (donors can cover these fees)
"Ticketing and event registration are crowded fields, and I'm glad we found you! There are many, many things I really like about Ticketstripe, particularly its simplicity in many ways as I know from experience that features up complexity. I am also very excited to experience our event with a ticket scanner rather than a flashlight, pen, and three spreadsheet pages!"
- Monique B.
Best Platform for Creating Compelling Event Pages
Qgiv is on this list because of its beautiful fundraising event pages. This tool doesn't offer as many features as others, but its drag-and-drop editing and "add to calendar" button can help keep your event at the top of attendee's minds.
- Drag-and-drop event builder allows nonprofits to create beautiful, branded event pages
- "Add to Calendar" button
- Mobile auction bidding for in-person, virtual, and hybrid event
It can be complicated and frustrating to use at first.
Creating compelling event pages with drag-and-drop editing services
3.95% + $0.30 per transaction
"Qgiv has time and time again proven to be all we need and more. Whether we're using it to process program feeds, or utilizing it's specialized features for fundraising events, it has made processing transactions and collecting event registrations much easier! And the customer service experience is hands down the best anywhere! No matter my issue, every person I've spoken to at Qgiv goes out of their way to address our needs quickly and efficiently."
- Audrey M.
Best Platform for Donor Data and Records Management
DonorPerfect is a CRM, first and foremost, but they do offer several event management features to help nonprofits. Donor and volunteer management are primary tools that your nonprofit can use. Its ReadySetAuction Management helps you run a streamlined auction from start to finish.
- ReadySetAuction streamlines auction management
- Constant Contact email management to make event attendee communication easier
- Volunteer Management tool makes it easier to plan and manage your event
- Donor Data Importing and online event forms help to segment and target interested event attendees
Not built for event management
Donor data and records management
Plans start at $99 monthly and can be customized to fit your needs.
"DonorPerfect's records management system and reporting are second-to-none. We've had nothing but exceptional customer support, from their onboarding orientations to the continuing education workshops put on weekly. User management is also highly intuitive, and can be tailored to adjust access as you see fit. Access to the payment portal is highly straightforward."
- Monica S.
Best Platform to Manage Small In-Person and Hybrid Events
Givebutter offers a host of event management tools for virtual and in-person events. It's silent, and live auction software provides a live display screen that excites event attendees and inspires more participation.
- Motivate attendees by sharing your donation progress with Live Display Screen
- Invite teams to create personalized peer-to-peer fundraising pages to raise more
- Silent and live auction software to sell items at a fixed price or the highest bid online and in person
- Scan tickets using the mobile app or with any smartphone
Limited CRM Features
Simple system with enough features to manage small in-person and hybrid events
2.9% + $0.30 per transaction (donors can cover these fees)
"This system was very simple to integrate with our website and payment processing systems. Being able to switch to Givebutter without any downtime was critical. It helped keep us focus on the different events without the worry of switching systems. Customer service with Givebutter was top notch. Being a first-time user and needing to get the events up and running was a top priority. Any questions we had Givebutter answered quickly and with the knowledge needed. WE were not waiting on answers or "let me find out"."
- Crystal M.
Best Platform for Gala Fundraisers
OneCause is another fundraising event software solution that gives nonprofits various ways to raise money. It's feature that gives event attendees more control over their own profiles helps eliminate long lines and helps create a wonderful event experience for all.
- Contactless express check-in using QR codes
- Guests can manage and change their own profiles and check out without waiting in line
- Easy to manage event day tools for volunteers
- Display Scoreboards and Slideshows drive live and silent auction participation
It does not integrate peer-to-peer fundraising
OneCause offers many features to help make your gala's fundraising successful.
OneCause does not list prices on its website but offers plans based on nonprofits' needs.
"OneCause is a highly professional, easy-to-use event management software that takes a lot of the stress out of our event planning. It keeps all pertinent information in one place and it's very user-friendly to navigate! I love that I'm able to create my own event site that is unique to our organization; and where our donors can go to view the information they need, register, bid and update their information by using their own personal login! The other thing that is great about this system are the reports and exports available. You are able to pull the info you need out of the system very easily and I often go back in to use it as reference. OneCause also has amazing staff who work with you every step of the way to help ensure the event is seamless to your guests. The onsite staff are so helpful that I can't imagine ever hosting an event without them!"
- Vicki S.
Best Platform for Silent and Live Auctions
Silent Auction Pro
Silent Auction Pro stands out for exactly what you'd expect. Silent Auction Pro provides multiple solutions to improve auction management. Whether your next event is an online, in-person, or hybrid auction, this nonprofit event management software offers the most features.
Online auction catalog with option bid with your smartphone
Pre-scheduled emails and text messages to send during key times of your event
"Paddle Raise" features like donation thermometer and virtual confetti drop entice more donor participation
It can be complicated with all the features.
The most auction features and excellent customer service
Plans start at $99
"I’ve been in fundraising more than 20 years and have manages event with silent and live auctions for gatherings of 250 to 1500 – both onsite and virtual. I’ve used a few different software programs in that time, but Silent Auction Pro IS THE BEST. Not just for its ease of use – in that everything you need is within the software, but because of the customer service they provide before, during and after the event. Their team of support, from the initial training, to processing the winning bids, to the follow-up was phenomenal. I have never encountered a team so upbeat, so supportive, so understanding and so knowledgeable in my entire career. If you are looking for a platform on which to manage your silent or live auction – onsite or virtual – look no further. I highly recommend Silent Auction Pro as the perfect, low-cost, high quality software platform for any size auction."
- Bea P.
Best Fundraising Platform for Conventions
Accelevents has event management features for in-person and virtual events. It's unique on this list because of the type of events it supports. This event management software is used for virtual and in-person conventions. While most nonprofits won't need the complicated features and event processes it provides, its quality features and services put it on our list.
- Design branded volunteer and attendee badges
- Nonprofits can use the mobile app to sell tickets, monitor registration, check in attendees, and print badges
- Event attendees can plan their agenda, navigate the venue map, check-in, and network with the mobile app, too
- Live streaming with integrations with Zoom, Facebook Live, YouTube, Wistia, and Vimeo
- Seamlessly integrates with donor management systems like HubSpot, SalesForce, and Marketo
The breakout rooms must be recreated when people leave
Large in-person or virtual conferences
Plans start at $5,000
"Everything from the mobile app to the badge printing works well together and feels like one experience. It kind of reminds me of using HubSpot. The support is also top notch. They're available whenever you have a question. Even at 1am the night before the event. We host 8-10 events per year. Our largest event is between 3,500-4,000 attendees. We used the Kiosk functionality and badge printing for check-in. We had 20 kiosks configured since everyone shows up within about a 90 minute window. Everything went perfect. No lines.
Accelevents also allows us to set all of our branding which keeps our design team happy. When we used Cvent, we would constantly have to ask Cvent support to implement changes that we could not do ourselves. With Accelevents, we can do everything on our own."
- Brendan C.
3 Tips for Choosing the Right Fundraising Event Solution
1. Determine Your Event Goals
Before choosing a fundraising event software, you must decide on your event goals, and what features you’ll need to meet them. Event goals can include fundraising goals, the number of attendees, volunteer management, and more.
2. Flexibility and Scalability
Choosing event fundraising software that offers more flexibility will enable your organization to adapt it to meet your immediate and long-term needs. You’ll also want a tool that integrates with your existing online fundraising tools.
3. User-Friendly and Solid Support
Every time you purchase new software, you can expect some problems. All the features in the world won’t do you any good if you can’t get it to work. Be sure you understand how the event management software works and that the company provides enough training and support to help.
Case Study: How YWCA Lethbridge Switched for Zeffy for their Annual Royal Gala and Avoided Over $1,000 in Fees
YWCA Lethbridge used Eventbrite and PayPal to run their annual Royal Gala until they came across Zeffy. A 100% event management tool seemed too good to be true, but after being assured by a fellow team member who’d used it before, they decided to give it a try.
They started small by selling event tickets to a bands and brunch event. After seeing success there, they tried it for their annual Royal Gala to collect donations, manage volunteers, sell tickets, and send donor communications.
“I don’t even think I know everything Zeffy can do. The fact that it’s free is crazy to me, but excellent.” - Catherine Champagne, External Relations Director
YWCA Lethbridge was thrilled by the results and continued using Zeffy for all their fundraising needs!
Which Fundraising Event Platform Will Meet Your Needs?
The 11 platforms we’ve listed offer diverse fundraising and event management options. You can pave the way for success in 2024 and beyond by aligning your needs to the right software.
Finding the perfect match for your organization’s mission and events means more than features. If you’re looking for software that provides an all-in-one solution for free, visit Zeffy’s website to learn more.